Do you have any savings? If yes, that’s good, just keep it up! But I doubt you’d agree with me if I said that the vast majority of individuals have no savings. Just like me, I have been employed from different private companies for the past few years and honestly speaking. I do not have that much of savings that I’ve set aside for the future. That is why I’ve come-up with these ways to save money and publish it on this blog.
I’m sure that each of us will come to the realization that life becomes more serious as we grow older. I didn’t realize it in prior years because I was described as a “happy-go-lucky” person by those around me.
So, for the next 30 days, I’ll start saving money. Never to miss a day without giving my piggy bank a 20 peso coin. If the challenge goes well, I’ll continue saving until it becomes a hobby.
Saving money for the future now means a lot to me. In fact, I came up with different ways to save money. For me to boost my savings and cut some of my expenses that could clear my debts.
Here Are Some Ways To Save Money:
- Clear All Debts
- The number 1 rule to save money is to pay most expensive debts first. Slowly pay these large amount of debts until you get cleared. Credit cards are the most common problem of getting us loaded with debt. So if I were you, never attempt to get a credit card if you don’t know how to handle it.
- Save 20% Of Your Income
- Whether your income came from your salary or one of your business, always allocate 20% for your savings. Do not ever touch your savings except if you are in a life or death situation. Actually, this tip was given to me by my younger brother.
- Save As A Habit
- Yep, as mentioned above, never fail a single day to give your piggy bank a coin. Just imagine what you can collect within 5 or more years to come.
- Collect Valuables
- I have started collecting foreign bills. Because I’m too lazy to go to a money exchanger, I won’t be able to spend the money easily. Not only am I saving money, but I am also admiring the artwork on these foreign bills.
- Create A Shopping List
- A pen and just a piece of paper must come on handy. When you go to the market, you will be able to control your budget if you have prepared a list. Just an additional tip, when you go shopping, choose the local market nearest to you. Don’t think of going to supermarkets on malls.
- Sell Online
- There are free websites that offers buy and sell when you sign-up. You can sell unused things online for an extra income. Just don’t forget point number 2 if you ever sold an item online.
- Cut Bad Habits
- Minimize your bad habits i.e. smoking and drinking. Let’s say for example if you smoke 10 sticks per day with 8 pesos per stick then you are totally spending P2,400 tops per month. Just imagine how much you have spent just to ruin your health. You can avoid this by SAVING your 8 pesos for a stick of cigarette and at the same time be healthy. Yes?
- Cut Unnecessary Bills
- If you are subscribed to cables, ask your self if you really need all the channels and of you are planning to avail Postpaid plans, never choose a plan that exceeds your monthly budget, you’ll look like you’re just after the gadget and it turns out to be one of your luxury. Always remember that communication is the only main reason why we need these.
- Study the process of the business before you invest to any money growing businesses. Once you have invested to a business, do not stop there instead start working in order for your money to grow:
Well I think that’s it. I hope you have learned something new today. The last and final tip that I can share here is, learn how to discipline yourself when it comes to money. The bottom line is discipline. Discipline is the key of making some ways to save your money and I hope you’ll agree with me this time.
On a side note, 2022 is the year of the tiger. As what I’ve read on an article, people born on the year of the dog is a good ally with the year of the tiger. I’m not a believer in fortunes, but I’ll wait and see what it adds to my funds in 2022. Whoah!